Daily stand ups are misunderstood and often disliked and dreaded by teams, deeming it a waste of time because they get little to no value from it.
In many sports like American football and rugby, the team huddles before each play. The huddle is strategic: it keeps the team informed, connected, and calibrated throughout the game. For software teams, the stand-up is like the team’s huddle. It’s even commonly known as the daily scrum, and reinforces “we” to keep everyone aware of the team’s landscape and progress.
Run a simple daily stand up that gives the team a voice about their sentiment, and highlights their objectives and blockers.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- How do you feel today? 😁😔😌😖
- What was a highlight of yesterday?
- What's your core objective today?
- Have any blockers or need any help?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Simple daily stand up template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Simple daily stand up session usually takes 10 - 30 minutes.