Unpack the team's goals, values, strengths, and more. Creating alignment in a team is critical to minimizing wasted effort, avoiding strange sentiment, and promoting chances of success.
A team charter is an artefact that outlines why the team has been brought together for the project, what the objectives are, what the team is being tasked with, and the constraints which must be taken into consideration.
The team charter should always be co-created with every member of the team present and able to voice their perspectives. This gives everyone a voice and boosts buy-in and alignment between the team.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- Goals: What do we want to achieve as a group?
- Values: What do you value? What are your guiding principles?
- Personal goals: What are your personal goals?
- Strengths: What do you think your strengths are?
- Weaknesses: What do you think your weaknesses are?
- Needs and expectations: What do we need from each other to be successful?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Team charter template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Team charter session usually takes 45 - 60 minutes depending on team size.