CHAMPFROGS is a framework to think about what motivates us.
Based on a theory in psychology, we all have intrinsic and extrinsic motivators.
- Intrinsic motivation comes from within. It's the driving factors and rewards when performing tasks towards a goal.
- Extrinsic motivation comes from the outside. These are the factors like rewards or punishments based on the outputs of tasks.
The CHAMPFROGS framework provides a simple way for us to explore our motivators to learn more about ourselves and our team mates. By harnessing this understanding, we can support each other better and play on our strengths as we collectively work towards a shared objective. Are you ready to start exploring it with your team?
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- What do you think intrinsic and extrinsic motivators are?
- Curiosity: I have plenty of things to investigate and to think about.
- Honor: I feel proud that my personal values are reflected in how I work.
- Acceptance: The people around me approve of what I do and who I am.
- Mastery: My work challenges my competence but it is still within my abilities.
- Power: There’s enough room for me to influence what happens around me.
- Freedom: I am independent of others with my work and my responsibilities.
- Relatedness: I have good social contacts with the people in my work.
- Order: There are enough rules and policies for a stable environment.
- Goal: My purpose in life is reflected in the work that I do.
- Status: My position is good, and recognized by the people who work with me.
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Team motivators template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.