One-on-one meetings are one of the most important productivity tools you have as a leader and team member. They are where you can ask strategic questions and form a rapport outside of the hustle and bustle of day-to-day work. With this in mind, running an effective one-on-one meeting requires real cognitive agility. As a facilitator, your goal is to show commitment to helping your team members develop and grow, but also take a step back, and listen and understand intently.
One-on-one meetings need to have more purpose and depth. Use this template as a starting point to craft your own one-on-one collaborative space.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- ⚡️ What are we proud of, exited about, and energized by?
- 😕 What are we disappointed in, frustrated about, or drained by?
- ⌛️ Where are we spending most of our energy?
- ⏭ Next steps: What are we each going to do next?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the One-on-one meeting template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The One-on-one meeting session usually takes 30 - 60 minutes.