Collaborative gap analysis involves working as a team to identify areas of improvement and develop strategies and actions to address those gaps. It can be a powerful tool for individuals and teams looking to have a shared understanding of the problem space, and co-create solutions.
- Collaborative gap analysis allows for a more comprehensive and accurate assessment of the current state. When we work together to identify gaps, we can pool knowledge and expertise from different perspectives to identify areas that might have been overlooked if we were working alone.
- Collaborative gap analysis encourages engagement and buy-in from all team members. When everyone has a voice in the process, we are more likely to feel invested in the outcome and committed to actions to achieve shared goals.
- Collaborative gap analysis can be a learning experience for everyone involved. By working together, we can learn from each others experiences and expertise, then spark creative ideas for ways forward.
Gap analysis makes us look at the desired state, which might be the final features for a product, the ideal way of working situation, or even the ultimate process that supports the business. Next is understanding the current state of things, which reveals the "gap". And finally we can collaboratively ideate actions that will close the gap between the current state and the desired state.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- Desired state: What is our desired state? What is the ultimate ideal?
- Current state: What is our current state? What is the reality and nuance?
- Actions: What are the actions that we can take to close the gap?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Gap analysis workshop template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Gap analysis workshop session usually takes 30 - 90 minutes.