The retrospective should be a positive, energizing experience for your team. It helps everyone share important feedback, let go of frustrations, and work together to ideate improvements in the way of working and mutual understanding. A fruitful retrospective should output a list of things that the team can start doing, changing or removing.
The 4 Ls is a retrospective where the team identifies what they liked, learned, lacked, and longed for in a cycle of work.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- Liked: What was good in this cycle?
- Learned: What did the team learn this cycle?
- Lacked: What wasn’t good in this cycle?
- Longed for: What do you wish we had?
- Next steps: What will we do tomorrow to address this?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the 4Ls retrospective template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The 4Ls retrospective session usually takes 30 - 60 minutes.