The retrospective should be a positive, energizing experience for your team. It helps everyone share important feedback, let go of frustrations, and work together to ideate improvements in the way of working and mutual understanding. A fruitful retrospective should output a list of things that the team can start doing, changing or removing.
The Movie script retrospective helps the team explore their last cycle in an interesting and fun way, by giving the sprint a title, shouting out heroes, surfacing villains, and describing the most memorable scene and plot twists.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- Title: If this sprint were a movie, what would the title be?
- Heroes: Who or what are the heroes of this sprint?
- Villains: Who or what are the villains of this sprint?
- Memorable scene: What is the most memorable scene of this movie?
- Plot twist: What was the biggest plot twist of this sprint?
- Next steps: What are your ideas for next steps?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Movie script retrospective template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Movie script retrospective session usually takes 30 - 90 minutes.