The retrospective should be a positive, energizing experience for your team. It helps everyone share important feedback, let go of frustrations, and work together to ideate improvements in the way of working and mutual understanding. A fruitful retrospective should output a list of things that the team can start doing, changing or removing.
Retrospective island lets the team highlight unseen individual contributions, celebrate achievements, find problems, and explore ideas for solutions going forward.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- 💎 Hidden gems: Shout out the people that did something great.
- 🏆 Treasures: What did we achieve?
- 🏴☠️ Pirates: What didn’t go that well?
- ⛵️ Course correct: What are your ideas for next steps?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Retrospective island template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Retrospective island session usually takes 20 - 60 minutes.