The retrospective should be a positive, energizing experience for your team. It helps everyone share important feedback, let go of frustrations, and work together to ideate improvements in the way of working and mutual understanding. A fruitful retrospective should output a list of things that the team can start doing, changing or removing.
The mad / sad / glad retrospective frames discussion around the emotional journey of the team for a cycle of work. It's a useful way to discover opportunities to improve team morale and ways of working.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- 😊 Glad: What made the team glad this cycle?
- ☹️ Sad: What made the team sad this cycle?
- 😡 Mad: What made the team mad this cycle?
- 🚀 Next steps: What are your ideas for next steps?
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the Sad / Mad / Glad retrospective template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The Sad / Mad / Glad retrospective session usually takes 20 - 40 minutes.