Get your team to better understand your users through collaboration and empathy. By gaining a better appreciation for the people you're serving, the better your solutions.
An empathy map is a collaborative tool used to gain deeper insight into customers or users. An empathy map can be centred around a single real person, or much like a user persona, it can represent a group of users, such as a customer segment. Assemble your team and ask them to bring any personas, data, or insights about the target of your empathy map.
This Interacts template creates a collaborative space with sticky notes, word clouds, polls, and more to explore the following topics:
- 👩 Describe the user: Their role or archetype, and give them a name.
- 👷♀️ Tasks: What does the user do regularly and what's important to them?
- 👂 Hear and see: What are the user's surroundings and context?
- 🧠 Think and feel: What are the user's internal thoughts and emotions?
- 😩 Pains: What are the user's challenges? What frustration do they experience?
- 💪 Gains: What does the user want to achieve? What makes them the happiest?
- 🚀 Based on what we've brainstormed, describe the user in one sentence.
How to run this session
- Sign in to Interacts and create a new session.
- Scroll down and choose the User empathy mapping template.
- You will notice a pre-populated session setup with all the relevant prompts.
- Add, edit, or remove prompts at your discretion.
- Click Save session, and that's it. You're ready to go.
The User empathy mapping session usually takes 60 - 90 minutes.